Our client, an industry leading innovative design and manufacturing company located in Barrie, Ontario is looking for a:
Technical Product Manager
Reporting to the Senior VP of Operations, the Technical Product Manager’s primary responsibility will be to manage the product through the product lifecycle, define the product vision and work closely with cross-functional groups to ensure the delivery of innovative and successful products for the company.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Work closely with cross functional groups such as engineering, manufacturing, finance, regulatory, quality, sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are achieved.
2. Develop product pricing strategy; ensuring revenue and profitability goals are met.
3. Manage the complete product lifecycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
4. Support product design and the product development road map as well as develop aggressive timelines for product development and market release.
5. Develop, propose and manage an operating budget.
6. Through on-going visits with customers and other forms of market research, obtain requirements for current and future products.
7. Work with engineering to communicate and develop product line extensions and improvements.
8. Develop product packaging.
9. Develop core positioning and messaging for the product including corporate and technical marketing collateral, application notes, FAQ's, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, on-line marketing content and demos.
10. Develop an understanding of the competitive product landscape (including market, industry and competitors) and analyze competitive strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
11. Develop internal and external product education strategies.
12. Work cross-functionally with all departments to develop and execute a company-wide go-to-market strategy.
13. Support sales by providing product training, effectively articulate equipment features, functions, benefits and competitive advantages of the product line in the form of product demonstrations at trade shows and on-line seminars.
14. Participate in the development of innovative marketing programs and show event campaigns.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration or Marketing preferred.
2. 5+ years’ experience with consumer product development and marketing management.
3. Experience launching products and changing product cycles for a consumer based products manufacturer.
4. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
5. Strong business acumen, with sound knowledge of management principles and practices.
6. Experience with monthly sales planning and forecasting within a product manufacturing environment.
7. Experience with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ERP systems.
8. Working knowledge of the ESA, WSIB and Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
9. Possess own transportation, passport and willing/able to travel overseas as required.
10. Product engineering background is an asset.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org